Monday, January 27, 2014

Getting Hungry

 "Baba To Be"
8 x 8 inches, oil on canvas

I've been painting chocolates all morning, so I'm extra happy to bring you a healthier piece during my blogging lunch-break!

Baba Ganoush is one of the best ways to eat eggplant, though, if I'm cooking, I'll always go Parmesan! I did eat a few of these in a stir fry, but the rest were thrown away (in a sad, sad, moldy state after their long stint in my studio). 

I love Middle Eastern food so much, but I live in a part of the world that is sadly lacking in good places in which to eat it. The best Hummus in this town is made in my own kitchen! Believe it or not, out here in the Willamette valley the best restaurants tend to be Thai. Moving to Oregon turned me into something of a Thai-food-lover.

Mmm....time to eat!

1 comment:

margery meyers haber said...

My favorite eggplant dish is caponata, and my favorite hummus is also the recipe I make in my kitchen. Love this painting!