Wednesday, March 12, 2014

The Opposite of Alla Prima

 
 "Two Orchids, Out of Bloom"
18 x 14 inches, oil on canvas

I started this one ages ago - at least it feels that way. I posted the oil sketch back in February, and have been slowly chipping away at this larger piece since then. That is not the way I prefer to work -  I'm usually alla prima all the way. I'm glad I saw this one through, though. And it's fitting that it finally gets posted this week, following two newer paintings featuring this little dish.

5 comments:

Sandra Busby said...

I stumbled across your site and think your work is really beautiful!
So lovely to see it framed too :0)

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

LOVELY!

Zoe Condon(clipping mask service) said...

It's really very nice. Thanks for this nice post.
Regards By
clipping mask service

clipping path said...

Thanks to a brilliant effort in publishing your Information. One can be more informative as this. There are many things I can know only after reading your wonderful Information.
clipping path BD

Yanira Morrison said...

I just read your post…. Great!!


Best Regards,

clipping path service provider