Monday, April 7, 2014

Hi, Remember Me?

 
 "Red Camellia in a Tea Cup"
10 x 8 inches, oil on canvas
Sold

Well, I won't bend your ear making excuses for why I haven't posted in a month (*no guilt!*). I think instead I'll just move on to the excitement, of which there's plenty!

I'm leaving in two days to teach a master class workshop at Leslie Lienau's Conservatory for Classical Art in Oklahoma City.  Really, really excited about this! I love to teach, love to paint with my colleagues. I paint the figure with a weekly group, but I always feel really lucky when I get to share a still life with other artists.

 I just got done taking an amazing workshop myself - right here in Eugene, from Yer Za Vue, an accomplished Portland painter, teacher, and former Disney animator. 



Huge thanks to the Plein Air Painters of Lane County for bringing her down, and putting her up (Victoria)! I met Za for the first time at Eric Sandgren's coast paintout last summer (which I will totally be attending again this year, as it was life-changing). She rocked an amazing two days of art-making and art-teaching, and we were so graciously hosted by Ann of Aragon Alpaca Farm.

What a great way to kick off Plein Air season! (Even if I won't really be out there until it's legitimately warm here....maybe July?)

1 comment:

jelian jaso said...


It is a very nice post. thanks for sharing!