Monday, April 28, 2014

In Which I Wax Nostalgic

 "An Impression, Purple and Green"
18 x 14 inches, oil on canvas

I've been doing some navel-gazing blog-wise of late. Back in February, Sedwick Studio turned six - that's a year-and-a-half older than my daughter! Randomly searching through old posts has brought paintings back to me that I'd completely forgotten about. Today I searched for "purple and green," wanting to see how many times I'd used that title before (twice), and trying to figure out what to call this new one...

Here's the second time I used the title "Purple and Green." That painting is hanging in my upstairs hallway now - in fact, I dusted it yesterday. Looking back at work like that, and seeing what I'm painting today really makes me wonder what I'll be posting on this blog several years from now!

Perhaps it will be completely abstract? (Though I doubt it).

No comments: