Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Painting, Out and About

  "Three Bottles (sketch)" 
8 x 8 inches, oil on canvas
Sold

Woah, this post is a throwback. I did just resist the urge to #hashtag that, by the way. Being behind on posting is not a bad thing, really -  more work than time to blog is a problem I'm never unhappy to have!
 Two weeks ago, I was whiling away a lovely Saturday, painting at the Gallery at the Watershed, and chatting with some lovely people. I even got drawn, myself, by a young artist who brought a sketchbook to my demo. Loved that! 


The above is my sketch from the day, which I actually painted after the larger piece below. There's nothing like being warmed up! (I seem to say that a lot these days.) 

 
"Three Bottles, at the Gallery"
8 x 10 inches, oil on canvas
Sold

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Being warmed up worked well for you. the first work is a lovely painting with a thoughtful composition which I like very much.......but the sketch just came alive. Being warmed up is a very good thing.